How To Prepare A Successful Exam - Study Techniques

The study techniques for the preparation of an exam are many and very diverse. There is no doubt that there is no single method or technique. Even so, and after more than fifteen years of experience as a teacher, I have been observing the most optimal ways to prepare an exam with the best guarantees.

Today's article is intended to teach you how I teach my students to prepare an exam with a method that has given them great results. Do you want to know how I teach my students to prepare an exam? Do you want to learn what study techniques I use to pass a successful exam? Well, keep reading and I'll show you.

How do I teach my students to prepare an exam?

The method I want to teach you is designed to prepare an exam based on the contents of a textbook. The good thing about this method is that it serves, as a rule, for any subject of any course. What is involved is that your students assimilate the technique so that they can apply it to any exam, independently of the subject.

The Preparation Of An Exam With The Help Of Four Colors - Study Techniques


The hierarchy of colors when preparing an exam.

For the preparation of an exam what I do is to have four different colors to which I assign a very specific function or purpose. In my case, the hierarchy of colors that I use is related to the layout of colors of the digital board of my educational center. Of course, you can teach this method with the hierarchy of colors that you create more timely. The important thing is not the color, but knowing that each color has a specific function.

What are the colors I use and what do they have with the contents?

1. YELLOW: It is the color of the word or keywords. It is a color that should be used rarely in the underlining of a content. In textbooks it usually appears with a type of letter greater than the rest or in bold.

An anecdote: I usually tell my students that yellow, like gold, is a very valuable color and that it should be used rarely and in a very punctual way.

2. MULBERRY: This color is used for the underlining of the definitions and explanations of the basic concepts.

A tip: When emphasizing the words of a definition, I usually tell my students that they can not underline more than three consecutive words. That helps a better reading of the content.

3. GREEN; It is the color used for the categories, sections, classifications ...

A trick: These words are usually placed in the form of a column on the left and are usually written in bold.

4. BLUE: The blue color serves to underline the examples of the developed content.

A tip: If in the textbook there are many examples of the same concept or category, we must remind the students that they should not underline them all, but one or two at the most, those that most appeal to them or believe that they will remember with greater ease.

These four colors are what my students use for the preparation of the underline of a content. In my case what I do is underline the content with the help of the digital board. Next, the students use the same underline and then pass all the information to what I call the box scheme.

The scheme of boxes is nothing more than the content of the text transformed into a scheme where all the words that have one of the four colors are placed with which the content of a theme is underlined.


Comments

Popular Posts